Effective date: October 10, 2019
- By placing a reservation with #emcasa GUESTHOUSE’ (legal entity: Vale & Mar Vacations, Lda.=VMV/we/us) you and all persons included in the reservation (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out.
- During the stay the guests agree to abide by the subsequent conditions as set-out. If you have any questions about reservations with us, please contact us on email@example.com before making a reservation.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a reservation. The applicable terms and conditions to your reservation will be those in place on the date that you make your reservation.
- To place a reservation with us you must be at least 18 years of age. If the person making the reservation is different to the guest staying at #emcasa GUESTHOUSE, the person making the reservation may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within. Only the named guests in the reservation are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- A valid credit card (Mastercard, VISA, American Express) is required at booking time. We will validate the credit card at booking time by authorising the reservation amount of the first night (incl. VAT).
- Some rates require a full pre-payment of the reservation amount at the time of booking. In certain circumstances we may require a deposit payment at the time of booking. No booking shall be treated as confirmed until the details and/or payment/deposit described in this paragraph have been provided. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the reservation process.
- The credit card used at the time of booking must be presented by the guest together with valid identification upon check-in at the property. An imprint or validation of the card will be taken upon check-in.
- The maximum occupancy per room is 2 guests.
- Children must be minimum of 14 years. All children (a person under 18 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Pets are not permitted, except service dogs with pre-arrangement.
Check-in & Check-out
Guests must check-in and check-out by the times stated below:
Check-in: 15:00pm and before 22:00pm on day of arrival
Check-out: 12:00pm on day of departure
- We accept payments made by the following credit cards: Mastercard, VISA; American Express.
Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
- At the time of check-in we will authorise the accommodation charges (room rate, VAT and any service charge) for the duration of your stay against your credit card. We may also choose to accept a deposit in place of payment card authorisation by another valid form of payment, including cash.
- All outstanding charges must be paid in full on check-out from the guest house. If the outstanding charges do not exceed the authorisation taken on check-in, the authorisation for the amount not utilised will be released, however, we cannot control how long it takes for your bank to effect such release.
Cancellations & No-Shows
- Guests who need to cancel or change a reservations should contact VMV on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following conditions apply for reservation cancellation made by the client:
- Cancellations/ Changes made before 14.00h (WET), 14 days prior to the arrival date: no cancellation fee and full refund of deposit
- Cancellations/Changes made after 14.00h (WET), 14 days prior to the arrival date: Cancellation/Changing fee is 100% of amount of reservation that will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- Prepayment: A full prepayment for the entire reservation is required at the time of booking and will be charged to the credit card provided at time of booking.
- Cancellations or changes of the reservation are not permitted at any time. The prepaid reservation amount is non-refundable.
It is suggested that booking guests take out appropriate holiday / cancellation insurance where required
- In case of no-show or early departures 100% of the reservation amount will always be due and the full amount of the reservation will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
We suggest that booking guests take out appropriate holiday / cancellation insurance where required.
- We reserve the right to cancel any booking without compensation, refund or reimbursement if the terms of these conditions are breached.
- We reserve the right to cancel contracts based upon incorrect information being displayed in relation to price or service at any point in time.
- In the rare event we need to cancel your reservation, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond its control and that its liability to you is limited to the refund of any payment already made.
- All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a reservation with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
- Guests may use the swimming pool on their on risk. Children are not allowed near the pool without adult supervision.
- Smoking is completely forbidden inside the house. Smoking is permitted outside the house, please use the ashtrays placed in the yard and barbecue area.
- Where on-site parking is provided guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
Damages & Lost Property
- We reserve the right to charge the guests for any damages caused through the course of a reservation by any member of the reservation party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs. Lost keys, remotes will incur a replacement charge per key, remotes lost.
- Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of one month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with its owners we do not accept responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of the property owner, otherwise collection can be arranged.
We do not accept liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
Limitation of liability
We will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any property left in the guest house other than required under the applicable law.
We will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of us, our employees, contractor or agents or otherwise). Our total liability shall not exceed the value of the charges received by it under the contract.
Nothing contained in the terms and conditions or in any other document referred to or incorporated in it shall be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by the company’s negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Personal Details & Privacy
- The guests are informed that their personal data will be stored and processed by us (Vale & Mar Vacations, Lda.) and made available to our employees and service providers, in accordance with the law, for the performance of the contract, for services involving the client and VMV advertisement campaigns.
- The guests are informed that we are required to keep a register of all guests, that includes full names, nationality, passport numbers, place of issue, date of issue, validity date of passport, for all non Portuguese guests. This data will be communicated to „Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras“ in accordance the law n.º 23/2007, of 4th of July,
- The guests give us the right to use service providers to process data and to transmit these personal data, under this section, to companies that store and process data. The data may be processed outside the EU.
- The guests have the right to object, at any moment, to the use of his personal data for advertisement purposes by notifying VMV of its intentions in writing.
- Except where legislation so provides, the personal data of the guests shall be excluded when the accommodation contract ends and the legal retention periods have expired.
- For full details of the data protection policy can be downloaded on https://emcasa-guesthouse.pt/privacy-policy/ or please contact:
Vale & Mar Vacations, Lda., Rua 8 de Dezembro No 47, 2530-022 Atalaia – Portugal